Please do not respond if you are a person or company that reside outside of New York or New Jersey. You will not be considered, as we require someone to be onsite periodically and to attend client meetings as necessary.
The WordPress Developer (WD) will be the technical architect and manager for a growing portfolio of WordPress websites. The WD will be responsible for general WordPress back-end coding and tech support as well as maintaining a portfolio of websites. This position could be a gateway to a full-time lead developer position for an ambitious coder and strategic thinker. The WD will report directly to the founders of the company. We are a design firm that’s been in business for 10 years and we’re looking to grow our stable of web developers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, maintain and build plugin integration for existing WordPress websites.
- Ability to test, debug, deploy applications in development and production-class environments.
- Prioritize bugs and troubleshoot issues with hosting provider.
- Work with creative design teams to turn designs into a working reality – maintaining brand consistency.
- Keep abreast of WordPress enhancements and updates and make recommendations on how they can be used to improve the site.
- Hands on set-up and maintain a given look/feel of a campaign across various media.
- Isolate existing weaknesses in code base and optimize based on industry best practices.
- Maintain website and network security principles and best practices.
- Respond to emergency technical issues in a timely manner
- Work within budgetary constraints and have the discretion to simplify when necessary.
- We create custom designs for our clients and build out using basic WordPress themes.
- You will need to be able to create PDF manuals for our clients outlining exactly how to make updates to their site. We have a template manual to use as a guide.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- WordPress core contributor, plugin or theme authoring experience required
- 3 Years Minimum experience in a web development field
- You must ABSOLUTELY know your way around Photoshop and Illustrator
- After we have an initial phone interview, if all goes well we would like to have you come in and show us what you’ve got.
- You will be given a development test to prove your abilities.
- We will ask you to code out a home page and one sub-page on our staging server from a layered PSD file that we will provide.
You should be able to code these two pages out quickly and to the EXACT specifications of the design. To the pixel. Your code will be inspected for SEO best practices (URL structure, etc.) and make sure it’s clean and efficient. You will be paid for this time. The amount will be determined once we have scheduled your appointment.
If we determine that your work meets our standards, you will be called back for a final interview.
Thanks and Good Luck!