Experienced – Full-Time WordPress Developer with Customer Service Skills
The WordPress Developer (WD) will be the technical architect and point-person for a growing portfolio of WordPress websites. The WD will be responsible for WordPress coding, maintenance, support, and research. Our projects involve everything from custom design builds to e-commerce integration.
This position is for someone with excellent internal and client-facing customer service skills and has the ability to resolve technical issues quickly. The WD will report directly to the founders of the company and work closely with our project management team. We are a digital marketing and design firm looking to grow our team and ensure we keep our fun, open, and hardworking office culture in tact with the right candidate.
- Build custom, responsive WordPress websites from custom designs using clean code and best practices.
- Work collaboratively to develop websites from start to finish.
- Develop communication metrics; Analyze and makes strategic recommendations based on user data.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with web pages in a variety of devices and browsers.
- Help implement consistent functionality across a suite of WordPress sites.
- Track and report web analytics when requested.
- Upcoming Graduates /Bachelor’s degree and 2 -3 years experience developing WordPress websites.
- Expert knowledge of WordPress including theme development, plugins, custom post types, custom fields, and custom taxonomies using WP_query
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 (SASS)
- Working expertise with Adobe applications including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with E-commerce shopping carts
- Advanced knowledge of PHP, MySQL, RSS
- Knowledge of site analytics and SEO coding best practices.
- Solid understanding of web and graphic design principles.
- Strong desire to explore new technology and learn on the job.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter, motivated to experiment and be a part of a team.
- Able to work both in-house in NJ and remotely when needed.
Candidate must reside in NJ/NY area – NO EXCEPTIONS.
NEXT STEPS – REQUIRED:
- Provide your salary and benefits requirements.
- 2-3 References
- Reply to this post with your resume and links to samples of your work
- After we have an initial phone interview, if all goes well we would like to have you come in and show us what you’ve got.
- You may be given a small development test to prove your abilities.
- We will ask you to code out a home page and one sub-page on our staging server from a layered PSD file that we will provide.You should be able to code these two pages out quickly and to the EXACT specifications of the design. To the pixel. Your code will be inspected for SEO best practices (URL structure, etc.) and make sure it’s clean and efficient.
- If we determine that your work meets our standards, you will be called back for a final interview.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Excellent Work Ethic
- Excellent Communication, Customer Service, and Quality Assurance testing Skills
- Paid Vacation/Personal Day/Holidays/Sick Time
- Monthly stipend to help cover the cost of Health & Dental Insurance – either through our plan or one of your choosing
- Potential to earn commissions on new clients (more details will be given during final interviews)
Thanks and Good Luck!